We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is quite possible to dry Kuril tea for making a healthy drink at home, you just need to know some of the nuances. This plant in the form of a low shrub is widespread in the Far East, Caucasus, Siberia. Many gardeners grow Kuril tea on their plots. The result is a double benefit: the plant looks great on lawns, alpine slides, curbs.
People call Kuril tea:
- shrub cinquefoil;
Timing of collecting Potentilla
It is necessary to start harvesting Potentilla when the plant blooms, and until autumn. The signal of termination is the fall of flowers, since after that the beneficial properties are depleted. For collection, you need to use hard gloves so as not to injure your hands, since the branches are very strong.
Leaves, flowers, branches and rhizomes are collected to make healthy tea. Leaves can be harvested throughout the summer, flowers during flowering. You can collect both opened and unblown buds. As for the rhizomes, they are dug up in the fall before frost or early in the spring until the buds wake up.
How to properly collect Kuril tea
During the collection of the aerial parts of Potentilla, shoots with leaves and buds no longer than 15 cm are cut off. Bushes with intact parts are chosen. If the activity of harmful insects is visible on the plant, then it is better to refuse to harvest such raw materials.
In folk medicine, not only shoots with leaves and flowers, but also rhizomes of Kuril tea are used to brew healthy tea. It is necessary to harvest the raw material of Potentilla after the aerial part dies off. Potentilla root tea has anti-inflammatory, expectorant and hemostatic properties.
After collection, rhizomes are dried a little in the sun to make it easier to clear the ground. Further drying can be carried out whole or crushed.
How to dry Kuril tea
To prepare a healthy tea drink from Potentilla shoots, the raw materials are first sorted out. Yellowish or damaged leaves should be removed, leaving only green ones.
Leaves and flowers can be dried in a well-ventilated area without direct sunlight. If this is not possible, a window sill will do. But Kuril tea needs to be shaded.
After a few days, the raw materials are laid out on a sheet and dried in a dryer or an open oven at a temperature not exceeding 70 degrees.
- Examine, any damage, decayed parts are cut off.
- Then washed from the ground in several waters.
- Spread out on a cloth so that the water evaporates.
- They are taken outside and dried in the sun for 3-4 days.
- Then it is dried in the attic or under a canopy. The main condition is good ventilation.
It is advisable to dry the raw material of erect cinquefoil (rhizomes) at a temperature of 50-60 degrees in a dryer.
Attention! When drying any parts of Kuril tea, it is recommended to lay out the raw materials on the surface in a thin layer so that it is well ventilated.
How to brew Kuril tea
Kuril tea must not only be properly collected and dried, but also brewed. This healthy drink has long been used in the treatment of many diseases, such as:
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
- gastrointestinal diseases;
- croupous pneumonia;
It is not difficult to make tea from dried raw Potentilla erect. You just need to grind the Kuril tea, add boiling water and leave for 1-2 hours, so that all the beneficial properties of the plant are transferred to the drink.
Attention! The ancestors knew about herbs. Kuril tea was necessarily drunk after the bath, adding a little honey to the drink.
Since the beneficial properties of the plant have been known for a long time, it is widely used in folk medicine in the treatment of various diseases, there are many recipes. Here is some of them:
- Flower drink. It will take 2 tbsp. l. dry buds and half a liter of boiling water. Raw materials are crushed and poured with boiling water. The container is covered with a lid and put on low heat for 6-8 minutes. When the liquid cools down a little, filter it and drink 100 g before meals 3-4 times a day.
- Leaf tea. 1 tbsp. raw materials pour 1 tbsp. boiling water. There are more active substances in the stems and leaves, so 2 tbsp each is added to a glass of boiled water. tea leaves and drink before eating.
- Roots. Pour the chopped roots with water and boil for 10 minutes. Before meals for 1 tbsp. add 1 tbsp. tea leaves and drink 30 minutes before meals.
- An easy way to brew. Take 2-3 tbsp. collection of Kuril tea (leaves, flowers, branches, roots) put in a teapot and pour boiling water. Put on low heat for 5 minutes to infuse. Then drink like regular tea, adding boiling water to the cup. You can sweeten it with sugar or honey.
How to drink Potentilla tea
Kuril tea can be drunk as a regular refreshing drink. For this, 1-2 tbsp is brewed in a teapot. dry raw materials and pour 300 ml of boiling water. Insist 15 minutes. A small amount of tea leaves is poured into a cup, water is added.
Do not drink too strong Potentilla tea. It is desirable that the drink is golden brown. Kuril tea, brewed correctly, has an amazing aroma and pleasant taste. Many lovers of this drink, in addition to honey, add lemon balm or mint.
Warning! You should not drink Potentilla tea on an empty stomach, since the substances that make up it irritate the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines.
How to store dried Kuril tea
Before storing the raw materials of Kuril tea for storage, you need to make sure that it is well dried. Stack the raw materials in a sealed container. This will help to avoid the destruction of dry branches, leaves, flowers and rhizomes by parasites, in particular, moths. In a dark place where the humidity does not exceed 40%, Kuril tea can be stored for 2 years.
Limitations and contraindications
Since Kuril tea is not recognized as a medicine by official medicine, the drink should be taken with caution. In addition to an allergic reaction, tea from the preparation of Potentilla can cause diseases of the heart and blood vessels, the digestive system.
Kuril tea is not recommended:
- children under 10 years old;
- with low blood pressure;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- with renal failure;
- with liver disease;
- with an allergic reaction and individual intolerance to the substances that make up the plant.
If the daily dosage of the drink is strictly observed, then there will be no side effects and harm to the body. But with the appearance of a rash and itching, Potentilla tea should be discarded immediately.
Before using Kuril tea, you need to consult with your doctor. The fact is that during treatment with medicines, you can not drink a drink in any case.
Drying Kuril tea is not difficult, as you can see from the article. In this case, the family will be provided with a healthy drink in winter, containing calcium and potassium, manganese and iron, magnesium, cobalt and copper. Kuril tea will save relatives from viral and intestinal infections, as well as from the development of diabetes.